Xerocon is just around the corner!
It’s great to see the excitement that’s building on social media and in accounting offices all over Australia. There’s nothing we love more than witnessing the flurry of happy emotions from giddy cloud accounting professionals across the nation.
In the lead up to Australia’s biggest cloud accounting forum, the brains trust at Fathom and Practice Ignition have come together. We’re here to give you expert tips for making the most out of your Xerocon experience - including the sessions we think you can’t afford to miss.
Fathom and Practice Ignition are two of Xero’s most popular apps, and we’re used by some of the most awarded Xero Practices in Australia. Did you know we were both recently named in the top 50 fastest growing tech companies in the country? It’s been a fantastic year for both teams, but the best is yet to come. We can’t wait to celebrate with you at Xerocon!
So, time to get down to business.
Exhibition Hall Tips
When you’re ready to review all the amazing app partners in the exhibition hall, there’s a couple of things to consider before making any quick decisions about a solution.
Here are the two crucial questions you must be able to answer ‘yes’ to:
- Can this app or solution improve my client experience?
- Can this app improve our efficiency, or can it give us a competitive advantage in our market?
If you can’t answer ‘yes’ and there’s no compelling arguments for the app solution, you’ll know pretty quickly whether or not your business truly needs this solution.
Also, be ready with the right questions when researching which apps will be best for you. Why not jot down some quick questions en route to Melbourne? (Even if it’s just a note on your phone!). To get you started, Fathom has compiled a few questions here.
- Xerocon is a great opportunity to catch up on the latest news and get all the scoops. Don’t have tunnel vision - pop your head up and be on the lookout. (We’ve both got some BIG news we’ll be announcing).
- Get to know your Xero account manager - they have a wealth of knowledge and are a valuable resource for you.
- Jump on the social channels. Get talking, meet new people and enjoy the experience! Don’t forget to tag us @fathomhq @ignitionapp #xerocon. Extra points if you get a photo with The Trent McLaren!
- Make sure you stop by one of Melbourne’s amazing cafes. We recommend visiting St Ali Coffee Roasters in Yarra Place. It’s a 5 minute tram ride if you jump aboard a tram heading southbound on Clarendon St!
Location: 12-18 Yarra Pl South Melbourne
Getting there: 112 Tram Stop 127 Clarendon St/York St or 96 Tram Stop 127 South Melbourne Market
Must See Sessions:
Keynote: Powering an efficient practice in the digital world
DAY 1 at 11.15 AM
Who’s the speaker? Anna Curzon, Chief Partner Officer, Xero
Topic: The next wave of enhancements to Xero HQ, the continued growth of partner products, and the next phase of the Xero Partner Program
Panel Discussion: Creating your ideal software cloud stack
DAY 2 at 11.30 AM
Topic: How to unlock the full power of Xero HQ’s open platform, and a simple review process for how to evaluate your suite of apps and ensure you’ve got the most efficient connections.
DAY 2 at 9.10 AM
Who’s the speaker? Magda Szubanski, writer, actor and comedian
Topic: We all know Magda the comedian, but come along and be introduced to Magda the author!
You can check out the full schedule here.
So, there you have it. Fathom and Practice Ignition’s Pocket Guide to Xerocon. If you’ve got any extra tips to share, we’d love to hear them!
And don’t worry - if you haven’t had a chance to register yet, there’s still time.
We can’t wait to see you there!